SyntaxHighlighter

Tuesday 4 December 2012

A Project With the Name ScriptComponent Already Exists

Rather annoyingly I recently had A project with the name 'ScriptComponent' already exists error when opening up a script component in an SSIS package. After some extensive searching I only found 1 article of any use, which didn't solve my problem.

This is the pop-up I was getting:


How did it happen?
This is truly stunning! Everything I found was related to installing SQL Server Service Pack 2. Not me! I copied a data flow task (containing a script component) from one dtsx in the solution and pasted it to another dtsx in the same solution. I then deleted the data flow task from the "old" dtsx file. Each time opened the "new" script component or in fact any script component in the solution (or any other solution I open), I got the error - brilliant!

Things I also tried...
I tried all these with no success:
  1. Whatever was suggested in the above mentioned article.
  2. Un-installed Integration Services and re-installed (latest service pack applied).
  3. Un-installed and then re-installed Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 (latest service packs applied (including the SP1 update for Windows Vista)).
What happened in the end?
I gave up and after spending 2 days trying to fix it, I re-installed Windows!

Moral of this story:
DON'T COPY AND PASTE A SCRIPT COMPONENT IN AN SSIS PACKAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

.net (7) ajax (1) android (7) apache (1) asp.net (3) asus (2) blogger (2) blogspot (3) c# (16) compact framework (2) cron (1) css (1) data (1) data recovery (2) dns (1) eclipse (1) encryption (1) excel (1) font (1) ftp (1) gmail (5) google (4) gopro (1) html (1) iis (3) internet explorer IE (1) iphone (1) javascript (3) kinect (1) linux (1) macro (1) mail (9) mercurial (1) microsoft (3) microsoft office (3) monitoring (1) mootools (1) ms access (1) mssql (13) mysql (2) open source (1) openvpn (1) pear (2) permissions (1) php (12) plesk (4) proxy (1) qr codes (1) rant (4) reflection (3) regex (1) replication (1) reporting services (5) security (2) signalr (1) sql (11) sqlce (1) sqlexpress (1) ssis (1) ssl (1) stuff (1) svn (2) syntax (1) tablet (2) telnet (3) tools (1) twitter (1) unix (3) vb script (3) vb.net (9) vba (1) visual studio (2) vpc (2) vpn (1) windows (4) woff (1) xbox 360 (1)